Baroque Punk

Designer Spotlight:

Ritienne Zammit showcased her first collection last year at Runway Malta called Vases which was inspired by Mdina Glass. This year she pushed the envelope and gave us a new collection called Baroque Punk which infuses the classic and femininity of baroque with the edginess of punk. Both of them have there own character and expression, but combined together have created something that is new. The collection was also based on experimentation with materials, prints and elaborate details. I cannot forget to mention the hardware that came with the outfits, I was so blown away by the perfection of these pieces that I am waiting to have an occasion to wear a headpiece - you know me and headpieces right? Oh, and to top off her great collection, on Saturday at the Malta Fashion Awards she also picked up an award from the New Designers category which was very well deserved. I have a strong feeling we will be seeing and hearing a lot more about this talented designer. I wish her all the best!

Check out her awesome work here.






Photos by Bernard Polidano

0 comments:

Post a Comment