Sail the Ocean Blue

Pulled out my vintage wool military jacket again and paired it with this vintage maxi skirt (which I've had in my closet for what feels like forever) in order to run some errands yesterday. Actually, this outfit is comprised of a lot of pieces I've had in my closet for a while, which I think is an important quality to have if you want to cultivate "style" rather than "fashion." I've been increasingly underwhelmed by all the fast fashion/trend items that major brands have been putting out lately and have found myself reaching for the old pieces that I love and cherish. Maybe its because I'm focusing on college now (and therefore have real life/adult expenses) and I don't have a million dollar budget, but buying new new new stuff all the time just isn't my thing. Perhaps that makes for a less interesting blog, but I think it's more indicative of a real reality rather than what the internet actually shows. However, that isn't to say that buying new clothing is bad, I just think a quality, timeless wardrobe rather than a trend wardrobe is where emphasis should lie-- which is why I included some pieces down below that mirror what I'm wearing for your shopping perusal!
 photo nnnm_zps10ea7635.jpg photo mmshap_zps5bfbc006.jpg photo mmml_zps4bcfd1b5.jpg photo nmn_zps99bb1c99.jpg photo mmm33_zps95271166.jpg photo sharpbag2_zps0564f50b.jpg photo mmmmm_zps9bdd2ae7.jpg photo image_zps9faa17c1.jpg
Vintage military jacket, American Apparel bustier body suit, vintage cotton printed skirt and sterling silver skull necklace, Christian Lacroix bow wedges, Coach Mini Riley leather bag, See Eyewear glasses, MAC lipstick in So Chaud, Essie nail polish in School of Hardrocks

0 comments:

Post a Comment