Silver Lining

 photo IMG_6606_zps5b4047cc.jpg
 photo IMG_6629_zps5effeb8b.jpg
 photo IMG_6654_zps3b6ccb3f.jpg
 photo IMG_6542_zps946b968c.jpg
 photo IMG_6688_zpsd97a5b73.jpg
 I scrambled until the very last minute and bought this dress at 9 pm the night before graduation. I couldn't have been more happy with the choice; the lace detailing is exquisite.  After graduation I had dinner with friends and family and the evening was lovely. These last couple of weeks have ended up being the perfect way to close the book on high school. Signing up for orientation, finding a room mate, being assigned a dorm. It's all happening and it's amazing.

My mother used to hand make these astounding rhinestone cuffs in the 1980s-- her pieces were even featured in an issue of W Magazine. We have a silver tray filled with them currently in our living room, and I felt like diving in and putting one on for this outfit. The art deco pinky ring I'm wearing is currently my favorite piece of jewelry. It's from the early 1900s and I've had it since I was seven years old (it used to fit my ring finger). I'll definitely put up a detail shot of it later in the month. Also need to do the same for these new Chanel (!!!) heels.

Topshop lace dress, vintage cream slip, vintage rhinestone cuff, Chanel shoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment