B is for Baroque...Part II

I've got awesome news that I would love to share with you this week turned out to be a very good week for me actually....Apart from being named fashion stylist and blogger for the year 2012-2013 for the exclusive online boutique 10notchesabove I am also lucky enough to be an affiliate for ASOS, one must shop to celebrate :)

I have got an overload of emails asking how to wear baroque, some of you where not sure whether you should add a pop of colour since the design was too busy, others where not sure where to start from. So here I have dedicated this to you, Part II of the Baroque saga continues.

This year we have seen baroque taken to a whole new level on the runways, you can view my blog post here. Baroque is a very regal design, giving off a rich, decadent and opulent look.  But how are we going to wear it on a day to day basis without looking stuffy and stiff ? 

This is how...



Baroque is the hottest trend this season don't be afraid to wear it with a pop of colour to make your outfit come alive, making it look fresh, young and stylish. 




For this outfit I opted for a more 'let's do business' look leaving most of the things neutral adding a little bit of edginess to the look (of course, I cannot wear a girly girl outfit myself have to toughen it up somehow)with the rings and the gold statement necklace, also, another hot trend that I super duper love is leather so I added the red leather top. Leather is also very big this year check out my blog post here. Mix in leather with other materials such as tweed, mixing and matching different textures makes an outfit look more interesting.

These are my favorite pieces from ASOS

ASOS Dolly Dress in Baroque

ASOS Petite Exclusive Baroque Trousers

River Island Baroque Print Body Con Dress

Emma Cook Silk Cotton 60's shift dress in Baroque

ASOS shirt with Baroque print

ASOS Vest with all over Baroque Print


Have fun shopping boys & girls and remember as Anna Dello Russo says 'Fashion is a declaration of your own freedom'  Totally adore that woman!!

Love & Fashion,
Gayle xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment