The Philadelphia Convention

Photobucket
(the above picture is so gorgeous. it was striking to flip the page and find in a book. look at awesome ben franklin just lounging, king like, in his chair in the front)
I have been so inspired lately, with pictures from the US signing of the Constitution. I was flipping through a world encyclopedia the other day and i was just struck by the glory of the picture (above) and the textures, and lighting and people.

Photobucket
(this is my second favorite photo. the colors are just deeeevine and the details are superb.)
They were also regal and purposeful, in their buckled shoes and white tights. I wanna know what happened that changed everything. Why did men drop the high collars and frilly ruffles? Whats wrong with candle light? I love the ethereal glow you get from a candle, as opposed to the harsh fake lighting that has glittered our homes and built our cities.
Photobucket
(this picture is also very cool, its darker and i love the point of view. look at old george washington just inspecting the fine print. gotta love the first president)
Whats sad is half of me wishes it was like it was in the 1700s and 1800s but half of me just loves it now. Times were tough back then, even if you were a strong political figure. Food was not easy to get for some people, and houses were cold. Thing is, people cherished things more back then. A simple silver ring was the world to people. A cloth doll was something to take care of and love. Now, most people are obsessed with gaining more and dont take time to think about what they have, (myself included.)
Photobucket
(im a little confused at what this one depicts, but it was just so loud and gorgeous i had to include it.)
I see some of these bloggers who just have, you know Chloe wedges, and Marni heels, and I dont think they really understand, or even give a damn that people arent as lucky as them. Though "lucky" is a more flexible world (an executive in New York may think Yachts are better then the latest Marc Jacobs Stam bag, too bad for them). Its a strange world we live in.(this one feels a little more modern to me, but it actually is more true to the actual room they signed the constitution in.)
This post really isnt going anywhere. I just wanted to say I love these paintings, they've struck something deep within me that makes me want to sing. Or dance. Or both. The first picture is currently my laptop's background. How do you like me now?

0 comments:

Post a Comment