Layers, Layers and more Layers


Louis Vuitton
Finally,  it feels like winter is here (I hope) today rain and thunder hit Malta, I'm quite enjoying it, sipping hot chocolate and blogging,plus, I get to debut my winter wardrobe very soon. 


Chanel
For winter 2012/13 Karl Lagerfield presented us with dresses or skirts worn over pants or leggings, yes, my friends leggings are suppose to be worn under chunky knits or over sized sweaters, in this case under skirts or dresses NOT worn as trousers or pants. Layering is big for winter, we have also seen designers such as Cedric Charlie, Giambatista Valli and Dries Van Noten gracing their catwalks with a bevvy of models layering it up for winter. This season skirts and trousers go together, you no longer have to choose as we have witnessed at Louis Vuitton. 




Layering for men and women is very popular this year and one of my favored trends for autumn/winter.

I know for most of you, layering can be a nightmare not knowing where to start from but since the weather looks like it's getting colder, Its about time I break it down for you and show you how easy it can be. 

Start with your base outfit, for example a pair of jeans, trousers or skirt, if you are feeling adventurous go for skirt on trousers a la Chanel. Then, add (it's as though I'm writing a recipe) a buttoned up shirt or a long sleeved basic tee, depending where you are off too, then wear shoes/boots. On top of that add a cardi or a sweater and your base layer is now ready. On top of all that add a denim jacket, remember, denim on denim looks good when the dye is different, finish off your look with a coat or better yet a cape. If you are still feeling cold add leather gloves, a scarf and a beanie or a hat. After you have mastered the 'art of layering' I would advise women to wear boots or shoes at least with a 3" heel, depending on the occasion. If you are not blessed with long gams, make sure to add extra inches and always keep in mind to layer with thin clothing, do not add bulk because you will end up looking like the Michelin man instead. Remember to finish off with jewellery such as a statement necklace. 

Here is how I would layer an outfit for myself:



When layering you might want to refer to the board I have created for inspiration. 

Don't be afraid to try something new!

Love & Fashion,
Gayle xx 

0 comments:

Post a Comment