Surrounded

I first saw a Brook&Lyn piece on the website Of A Kind last Spring, then again on Claire L. Evans (lead singer of Y∆CHT) at Coachella the following April, and then in Anthropologie that summer, where I picked up this piece. I had been a fan of designer Mimi Jung's Surrounded collection for some time, and when I got that first piece I was ecstatic. Things got even better when Mimi emailed and offered to send over this body piece. I took these photos a few weeks ago, and since then I've had ample time to test its durability/wearability. Ladies and Gentleman, the verdict is in... my approval ratings are off the chart; you can literally throw this beauty on with anything.

IMG_5646.JPG_effectedIMG_5547.JPG_effectedIMG_5393.JPG_effectedIMG_5713.jpg_effected
I have several things I want to talk about in terms of this piece and the overall collection itself.
1) The collection is pure magic, with a modern twist. The agate stones used in each piece are stunning by themselves, and the rope used to hold them in place is the perfect compliment.
2) Yes, body pieces are huge. As far as body armor and chains, well... we've been there and done that. But this is unlike any body piece I have ever seen in my life.
3) It's just different. I've had so many people stop and ask what the hell I was wearing, and I've been proud and more than willing to explain each time.
IMG_5524.JPG_effectedIMG_5586.JPG_effected
One of the reasons I delayed posting these photos, (besides the fact that I've been beyond busy with summer), was I wanted to wait until the Brook&Lyn sample sale started. Mimi let me know that basically hundreds of Surrounded pieces will be marked down as much as 85% starting today on their website, so head on over here asap, the sale ends June 29th.

Vintage lace overlay, random cream tank top, Shakuhachi suede shorts, Brook&Lyn "Claire" agate body piece, and Jeffrey Campbell boots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment