Dorothy

I bought this gingham dress in Edinburgh last August and finally, a year later, I am able to wear it. Originally, it was seven feet longer and had all these cute (but really worn) details like white capped sleeves and a peter pan collar. A couple months ago I got my hands on the number of a great tailor in LA and decided that the dress needed a complete do-over. We stripped the details, shortened the hem, and added a much more durable zipper in place of the little metal snaps on the back. I am so happy with the outcome. When I wore it to school I was told three things all day: 1) You look like Dorothy 2) You look like you could be going apple picking 3) You look like Alice in Wonderland. Teenage observations.

When I came home my mom said to me "You basically wore a costume to school," which I was a little aghast at. Just because it's an iconic print does not make it a costume. Right? Right. Although, when my cousin offered over her dog Walnut to be in the picture I couldn't say no. So I guess I played up the whole Dorothy and Todo thing. C'est la vie. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Vintage blue gingham dress from Scotland, vintage black boots, bracelets, and necklace, Coach handbag, Elizabeth and James ring, MAC lipstick in Chili.

0 comments:

Post a Comment