Variation on a Theme Part 2

This is part two! The vest was a gift from my mother in lieu of how much I want to dress like dapper Sherlock Holmes, and I'm so happy to have it in my arsenal. Isn't it interesting how only one piece can change an entire ensemble?

This dress was my grandmothers, which then passed down to my mother, who wore it while living in New York. I've had it ever since I lived in Oregon, but finally donned it last June to wear to my final presentation in Chemistry class. The project we were expected turn in that day was either going to make or break our end of semester grade. I feel like wearing this dress helped me jump the hurtle towards that A. Such a great garment.
IMG_8226_2IMG_8123
IMG_8241
I want to also take this time to thank my readers. Taking comments off was an interesting experiment for me because I wanted to see how it changed the entire platform of blogging. At first I thought of it as a transformation from public forum to art space, but that doesn't quite fit the bill, either. I don't know. However, what I do know is that I have a whole bunch of posts and ideas for the coming months (I've made a list and everything) so expect a lot more content very soon. I've also loved hearing and responding directly to sweet readers who have reached out through different ways, either via email (thestylishwandererblog@gmail.com) or twitter (@StylishWanderer) or even instagram (@thestylishwanderer). If you want to say anything feel free to drop me a line! I'm getting back into the swing of things and having a lot more fun while I'm at it. Social media is an interesting thing, and you have to keep on your toes. Writing here will also become more of a prominent feature in the coming months. Sounds exciting, no?

Meanwhile I just finished Divergent, written by a 21 year old graduate from Northwestern. It was a satisfying dystopian to say the least, but the ending has left me a little bit too shaken for my tastes on this Friday night. It's the end of the week, according to teenage standards I should be partying it up! Veronica Roth, thank you for your entertaining read, I both like and dislike you all at the same time.

Vintage dress, vintage vest, Marc by Marc Jacobs leatherbag, Marc by Marc Jacobs heels, Essie nail polish, Pamela Love ring, vintage necklace and bracelet, Timex watch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment