A TALE OF TWO CITIES


My last attempt at blogging was nigh on 6 years ago when I penned my last entry in Reesasblog on blogspot.com (my blog entries are still floating about in the internet world so feel free to check out my funky pink background and musings of my early 30’s). Now that I’ve pretty much given away my age, I’ll also admit to feeling a bit rusty writing a blog entry after so many years... but here goes!


Last Friday was the long-awaited exhibition launch by Nadine Noko called ‘Two Heads and a City’ held at the magnificent ‘Splendid’ in Strait Street, Valletta. I say ‘long-awaited’ for me at least because I had been looking forward to it ever since I received the invitation by post - in the form of a flip book which really took my fancy... and that of my young son who spirited it away to his room to gaze at it some more.





So on Friday, after meeting up with some friends for pre-drinks at Tico Tico, we were off to Splendid, which is conveniently situated in the same street. This old building is the perfect background for Nadine’s illustrations; it has a special aura about it and really lends itself to exhibitions such as these.

The glitterati were out in full force – most of them dressed down to go with the smart/casual feel of the evening – but still looking as put-together and fabulous as always (for the record, I was wearing a purple ASOS dress with bell sleeves, shoes from ALDO and bag from Accessorise. But I forgot to take a photo of my outfit/me. Told you I was rusty blog-wise!)

 Back to the star of the evening - each of Nadine’s illustrations is a clear example of real life meeting imagination... with her unique perspective and quirky sense of humour making the colourful unique facets of Valletta – its architecture and its people - spring to life.
Definitely one exhibition to go and check out.
Two Heads and a City runs until the 29th October. Opening hours are Monday to Saturday from 11.00 to 19.00 hrs and Sunday from 10.00 – 12.00 hrs. The exhibition is supported by the Malta Arts Fund, V.18 and Farsons Group.
 Written by Coryse Borg

0 comments:

Post a Comment