Meet my latest crush

It’s a pity that I hadn't discovered this talented British/Turkish Cypriot fashion designer before. I enjoy looking for new designers that most people haven’t heard of, and here I feel I found a treasure trove. I do love blogging about my favorite designers Proenza Schouler, Balenciaga, Peter Pilotto, DVF and of course my first love Mr McQueen but I get such a rush ‘discovering’ other designers and delivering someone fresh every now and again. 


Hussein Chalayan's  obsessions with flat, boxy silhouettes and stark white were major elements on his S/S Paris runway show. The models wore exaggerated floppy sunhats with built in visors that I am uber adoring at the moment (you know me, the more flamboyant the better) this added a beachy flavor to summer sportswear in colours of blue, neon yellow and white. I am crushing on almost every piece from his collection so I decided it would be better for you to watch the 3 minute show.




Also, wanted to take you back to his previous shows, I couldn't help but not post so this might be a longish one but you will love it at the end – Promise!

I am a big fan of technology and would never be caught dead without my laptop, iPhone or iPad in my hand and of course fashion, so when you merge the two together I suffer from what I call a fashgasm and this is exactly what this show did; unbelievable technology and special effects wizardry has made this couturier cause a stir in the architecture and design world. The talked about show was his S/S 2008 collection he designed a dress with more than 200 moving lasers. I. THINK. I. JUST. DIED!


In 2007 he created a collection of morphing mechanical dresses, jackets opened themselves up, skirts crept up over the knee and also, the highlight of the show - one model’s dress disappeared entirely. The collection was held up by an ingenious array of motors, tiny pulleys and invisible cables. Can you imagine in the year 3012 we will all be sporting mechanical garments which change depending on our mood? 

Watch this - You are definitely in for a treat..


I think I may found my next McQueen.  

Love & Fashion,
Gayle x

0 comments:

Post a Comment