Incy Wincy Spider


Dear Readers,

Many of you know that I have a keen eye for anything that merges technology and fashion together and produce garments that are out of the ordinary. Whilst doing my daily fashion research yesterday, I came across a designer that created wearable moving art. I know that I have blogged about the designer Hussein Chalayan lately, who gave us dresses which change depending on your mood - which is unreal. But, if you think you have seen it all you have seen nothing yet. 

Dutch Designer Anouk Wipprecht and software developer Daniel Schatzmayr have created a dress that moves…literally. These two have collaborated to produce a prototype of a robotic dress which reminded me of something you would see on a Star Trek movie.


The mechanical dress is equipped with sensors, indicators and controllers. The spider legs sit on the wearer’s shoulders and respond to nearby movement, reacting and attacking upon approach. This dress was recently demonstrated in the opening of the international robot performance festival in Prague.  The future is NOW!

Have a look for yourself and tell me what you think...




Live Long and Prosper 
Gayle x

0 comments:

Post a Comment