My Hat's Off To You

I truly believe there is nothing like a good hat. Nothing! My super minor obsession with these pretty toppers started in December when I received this elegant brown hat with victorian lace (pictured below) from my aunt. Ive collected many since then and I thought I might showcase some of the ones that are my favorites, repeat offenders, or just plain constantly in rotation.


1. The Brown Hat with Victorian Lace. Probably my most favorite and prized hat. I wear it all the time and I really think its a fantastic finishing touch. The victorian lace is in perfect condition and is basically the cherry on top of the ice cream. The Great in Alexander. A Badge to a Police Officer. Without it, there would be no... awesome-ness. Or atleast the hat wouldnt be as rocking as it is.

2. The Mega Floppy Straw Hat. I just bought this.. for I think for a ridiculously great $8 or something. I imagine pulling this out a lot this summer and wearing it with pretty vintage dresses, dark unitards and my white crinoline.

3. The Black Whool Floppy Hat. I bought this second hand for $12. I couldnt believe my eyes because I knew about the AA one, and actually really wanted it, but was afraid to doll out the $40 for it. This one came as a fantastic alternative and it fits loveeely.


4. The Straw Wide Brim with White Ribbon. I have yet to wear this one, but its oh so pretty I thought I had to include it. This is definitely a summer hat, and I cant wait for that particularly season to come if only just to wear it...


5 & 6. The Bow Hats. Cream + Black. These two hats are actually not identical. They are from different hat makers, and one of them (the black one) had the bows added later on. My aunt first saw the cream one and thought it was so adorable she'd do the same to the black hat. And tada! The twins were born. (This reminds me of that woman who had a dark skinned baby and a white baby) I love both of them (the hats, not the babies) equally and Im lucky because if I have a lighter outfit Ill put on the cream one, a darker outfit, the black etc.

Final thought? GO OUT AND BUY A HAT! Its worth every penny!

0 comments:

Post a Comment