Which shopping disorder do you suffer from?



This is how I usually look at the end of a spree
Taken from Vogue Germany 2008
Today we are going to talk about something very serious - Disorders, yesShopping Disorders, I have it and you do too!
Has it ever occurred to you that we women suffer from what is called as a shopping disorder? I raise my hand high and say guilty as charged. I have a shopping disorder that’s called the Chardonnay shopper which might also be known as shopping under the influence, now this is not entirely true in my case because I have sworn off alcohol a long time ago and I hardly ever drink, but I do feel like I am under a spell when I am shopping or when I have what I call the urge to Splurge, I am almost bewitched. The only thing running through my mind at that moment would be 'I need to have THIS!' and by this I mean everything. This past month I have been on a massive shopping bender (my visa cannot take it anymore, she told me so, we ended up having a heart to heart the other day)
 There is also what is called the Secret Shopper (if you have been purchasing this seasons must-haves and storing them quickly where no one would find them, then this is you!). Then there is the Binge Shopper, this is the girl who swears off shopping for months but goes Visa head first into a Net-a-Porter sale, having spent twice as much on god knows what, I also call this the Frenzy Spree. Hey, maybe I am suffering from this too.
Between last month and beginning of this month I purchased 5 pairs of shoes, yes 5 as stated here. I hit up Zara pretty hard also, 3 of the 5 shoes where from there and the other two are Kenzo and Topshop. I also drove my seamstress crazy with all the clothes I told her to make me (yes, she’s on speed dial too) and the people at JB have had enough of me now. Thing is, sometimes I would want something different that I wouldn't be able to find in the shops. Remember when I blogged about going through phases of addiction? Last month was shoes, this month is my seamstress. Then there was the Totem tee which I super duper love from IsaacyManu (view here)  and yesterday I bought a Mary Katrantzou dress which I have been eyeing for months.
Phew... glad I could get all that of my chest, I should have titled this post Confessions of a Shopaholic instead. I need to go to SM (Shopaholics Meetings).
Come and clear your conscience here and tell me which disorder you suffer from. It would make me feel less guilty (for a minute). Oh Well! New season new wardrobe…right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment