Lemon & Lime




Ok,  so now I’m not only obsessing over monochrome I am also head over heels about neon, always was!

Neon was big last year but from the looks of it, it’s back with a bang for NYFW Fall 2013 and I've got the nails to prove it.

Rebecca Minkoff

Rebecca Minkoff
 This year the girl-meets-tomboy style is major, this is evident in Rebecca Monkoff’s Fall 2013 collection. Rebecca says the collection has influence of futuristic and modern shapes with the fearless of grunge…I so love the girl-meets-tomboy look Rebecca!  

Rebecca Minkoff
The dark military greens and rich browns splashed with a sudden neon green made my day, neon is back! With the meticulous edgy details of zippers, plaid, prints and  quilted leather Minkoff showcases her vision of modern style that does not lose feminine flair.

Calla


Calla
Another designer who gave us lemon patterned dresses and trousers which I'm totally coveting, is Calla Haynes, her first job in fashion was at the Paris house Rochas. Her first collection Calla made it's debut at NYFW in 2012 and is proving to be one of the best. This year her presentation was at MADE Fashion Week at Milk Studios on February 9th at NYC. 

Calla
Neon Geo was also splashed on eye lids, leaving the rest of the face flawlessly bare. Who says you have to wait for summer to sport neon?? Certainly not me! 

Yesterday I went straight to my lovely nail tech Stephanie Lauri at The Melita Skin and Beauty Clinic  in St. Julians and asked her to brighten up my hoofs with an electrifying lemon which I’m totally ecstatic about. 




And while you are getting all excited for all the newness that is about to hit your hangers, don’t forget to add a splash of neon to light your way on those dull winter days. 
Check out Steph's relaxing treatments and funky nail art here.
Love & Fashion,
G x

0 comments:

Post a Comment